The OM-28 Authentic 1931 shares Martin’s incredibly significant 14-fret neck Orchestra model innovation with its lengthened 25.4” scale and 1 ¾” neck width. Madagascar rosewood back and sides and Adirondack spruce with Martin’s new Vintage Tone System (VTS) are used to replicate the aged appearance and tonality of the 1931 original. All other appointments and processes, including hide glue construction, hand shaping and assembly, and tucked under bridge plate and bracing, are completely faithful.
The new Martin Vintage Tone System (VTS) uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. The VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era. This focused method allows Martin’s craftsmen and women to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
Other specifications Include:
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: VTS Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28 (Authentic 1921/31)
- Top Bracing Pattern: OM-28 Authentic 1931
- Top Braces: VTS Adirondack Spruce 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars Circa 1931
- Back Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 28 Zig-Zag (Authentic)
- Side Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid (Narrow 1931 Shape)
- Endpiece Inlay: Madagascar Rosewood w/ Maple Fiber
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Fine Herringbone
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: Madagascar Rosewood w/ Maple Fiber
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1931 Barrel & Heel
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/1931 Taper
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/4"
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamond & Squares - Short Pattern Golden Era
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & Sides: Vintage Gloss
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss
- Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Authentic Style Belly w/ Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16"
- Saddle: 16" Radius/Long Bone
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel w/ Butterbean Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Ivory Colored Poly w/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 533V Harptone
- Interior Label: none
- Electronics: none
For more information about the Martin OM-28 Authentic 1931 VTS, please contact us.