Ideal for bluegrass flatpickers, the Collings D3 features a Modified V neck profile crafted from Honduran mahogany, an Adirondack spruce top, and cocobolo back and sides. This 14-fret dreadnought has the feel and sound of a larger, deep-bodied guitar while making it accessible to players of all styles and tonal preferences. PLEK machine leveling and hand fret dressing establishes consistent playability and super-smooth frets.
Other specifications include:
- Top Adirondack spruce
- Back & Sides Cocobolo
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Ivoroid with b/w/b/w/b purfling
- Fingerboard Binding .060" ivoroid
- Peghead Binding .100" ivoroid with b/w purfling
- Bridge Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with no inlay
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with abalone dot
- Nut Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle Bone, drop-in
- "Vintage Now" neck and bridge
- Peghead Profile Tapered square with volute
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Stained Exotic Ebony withTorch peghead inlay
- Backstrip 3-style (Chevron)
- Rosette Abalone
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Brace Material Adirondack spruce
- Brace Pattern Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Strings D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- 42 Style abalone top border
- 45 Style snowflake inlays
- Body Length 20"
- Body Depth 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width 15 5/8"
- Total Length 40 1/4"
- Case Collings Traditional Handcrafted Case (#D728)
For more information about the Collings D3 Adirondack/Cocobolo, please contact us.