The Collings Baritone 1A in figured mahogany has a slope shouldered DS body dimension that provides excellent balance from string to string. Extremely playable with a nuanced tone and deep, articulate bass, this guitar offers a wide range of tonal possibilities. Collings’ bracing design incorporates three tone bars and unscalloped brace shapes for increased strength without sacrificing resonance or tone.
Other specifications include:
- Top Adirondack spruce
- Back & Sides Figured mahogany
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Tortoise with b/w/b/w rope purfling
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Ebony belly-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with MOP long dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut Bone, 1 ¾"
- Saddle Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile Modified V
- Peghead Profile Tapered square with no volute
- Neck Joint 13-Fret mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette B/w purfling
- Scale Length 27 ½"
- Brace Material Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern Adirondack Non-scalloped X-brace w/ three tone bars
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard Tortoise
- StringsD'Addario EXP23 Phosphor Bronze (.016", .022”, .029”, .048”, .060”, .070")
- Case Deluxe Hardshell case by TKL
For more information about the Collings Baritone 1A Figured Mahogany, please contact us.