This slope-shoulder acoustic has amazing playability and balance, with a beautiful, deep, and articulate bass ton. The impeccable workmanship of Collings makes the Baritone 1 an inspiration to any artist, thanks to features like a 27.5” scale length with a Modified V profile makes this guitar extremely playable and comfortable, and a non-scalloped brace shape for increased strength without sacrificing resonance or tone.
This particular instrument was on display at the 2019 Winter NAMM Show In Anahiem, California. We were lucky enough to acquire this show piece for Eddies's Guitars.
Other specifications include:
- Top Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides Tazmanian Blackwood
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Tortoise with b/w/b/w rope purfling
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Ebony belly-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with MOP long dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut Bone, 1 ¾"
- Saddle Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile Modified V
- Peghead Profile Tapered square with no volute
- Neck Joint 13-Fret mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette B/w purfling
- Scale Length 27 ½"
- Brace Material Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern Adirondack Non-scalloped X-brace w/ three tone bars
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard Tortoise
- StringsD'Addario EXP23 Phosphor Bronze (.016", .022”, .029”, .048”, .060”, .070")
- Case Deluxe Hardshell case by TKL
For more information about the Collings Baritone 1, please contact us.