The Collings 002H comes in its original, 12-fret configuration from the time of the Civil War. It’s comfortable sizing, appearance, and dimensions are similar to your classic guitar but includes a slotted headstock and small pyramid bridge. It’s wide neck and shorter string scale allows for easy playing with a balanced and precise tone. A simple guitar with modern durability and an old-timey look doesn’t get any better than this!
Other specifications include:
- Top Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides E. Indian rosewood
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Ebony pyramid-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with abalone short diamond & squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut Bone, 1 13/16"
- Saddle Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile Modified V
- Peghead Profile Tapered slotted square with volute
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette iv/tort/iv & b/w purflings
- Scale Length 24 7/8"
- Brace Material Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern Pre-war scalloped X-braceFingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Strings D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
- Body Length 19 3/8"
- Body Depth 4"
- Lower Bout Width 14 1/4"
- Total Length 38"
- Case Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Excellent Condition Light Scuffs on Pickguard
- Built In 2015
For more information on the Collings 002H, please contact us.