You know it's great when it says Collings...
This Collings D1A-T Baked Adirondack in Sunburst is nothing but GLORY!
The Traditional Series or "T-Series” guitars represent an exciting vintage-inspired tonal variation on the distinctive Collings sound, designed and crafted to showcase the most desirable characteristics present in coveted pre-war instruments. Bracing and tone woods are adjusted for weight and thickness to create a voicing characterized by warm, rounded highs and a present low midrange, while retaining a quick attack and strong projection.
And - LOOK AT IT! It plays and sounds even better. Get it!
Other specifications include:
- Top Adirondack spruce baked
- Back & Sides Honduran mahogany
- Construction Traditional Series Build and Voicing
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Tortoise with custom wood purflings
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Ebony belly-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with gold MOP long dots
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Tortoise-style
- Nut Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle Bone, cutthrough
- Peghead Profile Square
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony with gold MOP Collings Logo
- Tuners Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette Custom wood rosette
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Brace Material Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped X-brace (no tongue brace)
- Body Finish High gloss ultra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish High gloss ultra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Neck Profile Tradition (0.815" @ 1st Fret / 1.018" @ 9th Fret)
- Body Length 20"
- Body Depth 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width 15 5/8"
- Total Length 40 1/4"
- Strings D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- Case Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
For more information about the Collings D1A-T Baked Adi, please contact us.