The Collings D-42T is a gorgeous guitar with Adirondack spruce top, East Indian rosewood back and sides, Honduran mahogany neck, and 42 style abalone top borders. This instrument, a square-shouldered 14-fret dreadnought, is one of the most popular steel-string acoustic guitar body shape in the world.
Add this guitar to your collection and you won’t regret it. With an amazing bass response that is perfect for vocal accompaniment and Bluegrass flatpickers who have to compete with louder instruments like the banjo, the Collings D-42T. Stop by Eddie’s Guitars today to try it for yourself!
Other specifications include:
- Adirondack spruce Top (Baked)
- Back & Sides E. Indian rosewood
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- 42 Style Abalone Top Border
- Fingerboard Binding .060" ivoroid
- Peghead Binding .100" ivoroid with b/w purfling
- Bridge Ebony belly-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with abalone dot
- Nut Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle Bone, cut through
- Neck Profile traditional carve
- Peghead Profile Tapered square with volute
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners Gold Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 3-style (Chevron)
- Rosette Abalone
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Brace Material Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Strings D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- Traditional Package
- Case Collings Traditional Handcrafted Case (#D851)
For more information about the Collings D-42T Baked Adi/Sunburst, please contact us.