Still to this day recognized as the most revolutionary era in guitar production, the pre-war 1930s and ’40s flattop guitars are among the most innovative instruments ever produced. Even now, modern guitars are still based off features and dimensions pioneered more than 70 years ago. And with these early models in mind, Collings has introduced the CJ.
With a German spruce top and Cocobolo back and sides, this incredible acoustic features a 25 1/2” scale length with a Pre-scalloped bracing structure, allowing for deep bass and commanding highs. Overall, this wonderfully balanced acoustic is exceptional for both fingerstyle and strumming, making the CJG one of the most versatile large-body guitars you will ever play.
Other specifications include:
- Top German spruce
- Back & Sides Cocobolo
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Ivoroid with b/w/b/w/b purfling
- Fingerboard Binding .100" ivoroid with b/w purfling
- Peghead Binding .100" ivoroid with b/w purfling
- Bridge Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with MOP long dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile C-shape
- Peghead Profile Haircut
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 3-style (Chevron)
- Rosette Ivoroid with b/w purfling
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Brace Material Adirondack spruce
- Brace Pattern Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard Tigerstripe
- Strings D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- Case Collings Traditional Handcrafted Case (#CJ59)
For more information about the Collings CJG Sunburst Cocobolo, please contact us.