The Collings Baby 2HG Maple is one of the smallest guitar models offered by Collings, but it packs a punch! Just listening to it, you would never guess that it is not a full-sized guitar. Extremely balanced, this guitar is approximately a 3/4 sized version of their OM and is the perfect travel guitar. .
The Baby is extremely comfortable, able to be easily picked up and played in any position.
Other specifications include:
- Top German spruce
- Back & Sides Maple
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Ebony small belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with abalone short diamond & squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle Bone, Drop-in
- Neck Profile Modified V
- Peghead Profile Tapered square with volute
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette iv/tort/iv & b/w purflings
- Scale Length 24 1/8"
- Brace Material Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Strings D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
- Body Length 17 1/8"
- Body Depth 3 15/16"
- Lower Bout Width 12 1/2"
- Total Length 36 1/2"
- Case Deluxe Hardshell case by TKL
For more information on the Collings Baby 2HG Maple, please contact us.