Measuring 13.5 inches in width, the Collings 01 is one of the smallest guitars offered by Collings but don’t let that fool you! This guitar has all the sound and style of a larger acoustic and can double as an excellent travelling guitar or a smaller OM. Its tonewoods are hand selected and consists of a Sitka spruce top and Honduran mahogany back and sides for a wide variety of tones.
Other specifications include:
- Top Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides Honduran mahogany
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Tortoise with b/w/b/w top purfling
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with MOP short dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile Modified V
- Peghead Profile Tapered square
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette b/w Purfling
- Scale Length 24 7/8"
- Brace Material Adirondack spruce
- Brace Pattern Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Strings D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
For more information about the Collings 01, please contact us.